Sexual Offenses Attorney, Wichita Falls TX
Texas laws regarding sex offenses are some of the strictest in the country and carry severe consequences for those found guilty. In addition to prison time, people convicted of sex offenses in Texas may have to register as a sex offender, face severe difficulties obtaining work, or have their rights to their own children reduced or even terminated.
Types of Sex Offenses in Texas
- Sexual Assault: Sexual assault, also known as rape, is defined as non-consensual sexual contact. This includes sexual penetration without the consent of the victim and can result in a second-degree felony charge, which carries a prison sentence of 2 to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Aggravated Sexual Assault: Aggravated sexual assault is a first-degree felony and is defined as sexual assault committed with a deadly weapon or with the intent to cause serious bodily injury. The punishment for this offense can be up to life in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Indecency with a Child: Indecency with a child is defined as any sexual contact with a child under the age of 17. This offense is a second-degree felony and carries a prison sentence of 2 to 20 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Child Pornography: Child pornography is defined as any visual representation of a child engaged in sexual conduct. This offense is a third-degree felony and can result in a prison sentence of 2 to 10 years and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Prostitution: Prostitution is defined as the exchange of sexual conduct for money or other items of value. This offense is a Class B misdemeanor and can result in a prison sentence of up to 180 days and a fine of up to $2,000.
Punishment for Sex Offenses in Texas – In addition to the penalties listed above, those convicted of sex offenses in Texas may also be required to register as a sex offender, which can have serious consequences for their personal and professional lives. They may also be required to attend counseling or therapy and may be subject to parole or probation.
Don’t defend Yourself Against Sex Crime Charges – If you have been charged with a sex offense in Texas, it is essential that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Scott Stillson is an experienced attorney defending people accused of sex offenses. We can help you understand the charges against you and the consequences of a conviction as well as help you build a strong defense to protect your rights and freedom.
There are several defenses that can be used in sex crime cases, including lack of evidence, false allegations, and mistake of fact. Even the accusation of sexual assault has the potential to ruin families, affect careers, and expose people to potentially spending years in prison. If you or a loved one are facing sexual assault charges, call the Law Office of Scott Stillson to schedule your free phone consultation today!
If you need an attorney who is willing to fight for you, so don’t do it alone. Contact Scott today to schedule a free, confidential consultation, just complete the form to your right.
Or Call (940) 228-7437 for a free consultation with Attorney Stillson
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Let’s Discuss Your Case
All consultations are FREE and confidential.